"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Friday, February 28, 2014

Vogue 1378 In Purple

Fresh out of the shower and modeling the pants I finished today before I put on what I'm really going to wear for the evening... while I tidy my house because the home inspector is coming tomorrow.  We are renting currently and our landlords have decided to sell.  We have until April 15th to find a new place and hopefully, I will be able to say that my husband has found a job with a Radiology group by that time as well.  
In the meantime, we can keep ourselves occupied with Vogue pants.
Shall we?



I ordered a couple of fabrics from Fabric Mart to remake these, one black and grey zebra print double knit and this purple ponte knit.  Once I had them in my hand, the purple wanted to be pants and the zebra didn't.


I made the changes to the pattern pieces that I talked about in my last post and, overall, achieved the results I was looking for.
This ponte is MUCH softer, so that helps tremendously with comfort.



See?  I told you I was fresh out of the shower.  Anyone else have to just take a shower when they can get it?  For me it is often mid-day during my girls' TV time.



Even after shortening them more, it was like they magically grew as I sewed and I still lost a lot of the overlap detail at the bottom because I had to cut about 3" off of these before hemming!


Knees are still in the right place.


Flats are exactly my style, so this length is perfect.






































I thought this pattern might be the kind of pattern that, once I got it to fit me, I would make it again and again in different fabrics.  But, I don't think that's going to be the case with these.  I just don't feel really really ME in them, so I don't want a bunch of pairs.  I also need to figure out how to best style them.  I threw on this shirt really quickly, but I need to do some experimenting to see what will be flattering with them.
Building a Better Wardrobe Giveaway

3 comments:

  1. They look wonderful Sara Beth! And yes I can relate to the shower thing..... when ever I can.... usually mid day when the little one goes for he nap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaah the perfect shade of orchid! those seamlines are SO interesting, love that topstitching too.

    ReplyDelete