"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sewing With Easter In Mind

I've got big plans this Easter and it's getting down to the wire with very little time to finish.
I should probably be sewing instead of blogging about it... so I'll make it short.

I'm using the Glitz line by Michael Miller (and I know I'm not the only one) for my girls' dresses.




Not only are they each getting a dress, but the plan is for each of them to have a lavender coat with blush pink lining as well.  I'm using a vintage pattern that has really been a pleasure to sew.  I even did the interfacing as it instructed out of reverence to the awesomeness of vintage.


I'm 3/4 of the way done with my own dress for Easter as well.  I cut into my prized Amy Butler challis and only had scraps left over after very imaginative cutting.  I'm using an OOP Simplicity pattern with a great yoke detail on the front that I'm afraid I wasted by not adding some piping or using a contrast fabric.  Oh well.


Already completed for my girls are some t-shirts that are a collaboration between me and my dear friend Gifton Gammon, who is also the graphic designer for all things Molly Blossom (my pattern company).  I had an idea to combine bunnies and Christ's ressurection and she made it happen with a happenin' design.  I printed a yard of these vingettes on Spoonflower and made shirts available for sale as well.  


The shirts are all winging their way to their new homes now, but I think I'll offer them again next year.  I just love the meaning behind this super-cute design.

Alright, back to sewing, or my visions for Easter dress perfection won't be realized.



No comments:

Post a Comment