"Why in the world did you pick this name for your blog?" ...so glad you asked...

Monday, May 5, 2014

The Satchel Bag by Handmade Therapy

Here is the first installment of Sew Fab posts where I show you how I have experienced, first hand, the fabulousness of the patterns in the Sew Fab sale.  Today, let's take a look at The Satchel Bag by Handmade Therapy.
 First of all, can we just take a moment to recognize the awesomeness of the name of this shop?  Making handmade is SO theraputic for me.  Perfect name for a pattern shop.  Hilda, the owner, sells not only patterns for bags, but also some lovely bags made from her patterns, as well as scarves, chapstick and more. You can see everything in her shop here.

 Now on to the particular bag pattern included in the Sew Fab package, the Satchel Bag.  Here's mine.

Image     























 Y'all... Mother's Day is Sunday and how cool would this bag be as a Mother's Day gift?  It's a great basic, but very stylish bag.  I love the examples from the etsy store in solid colors.
You might want to go ahead and buy the bundle and get started. (I get a portion of each sale made through the links I post.  Thanks in advance!)

Image























We are just not going to mention the embroidery, ok.  It was a nice idea, in theory, but I should have made some different choices with it to get the full effect.  Oh well.

If you've followed my makes here for any length of time, you know that I am usually going to change something about the pattern or add or omit something based on my preferences.  So, as you notice this week that I keep doing things differently than these patterns, know that it is not a reflection on the pattern, but just me using my sewing knowledge to get exactly what I want.
ImageImageImage























 This bag was no exception.  I made all the pattern pieces larger by about an inch.  I added an inseam pocket to the outside.  I added an interior zip pocket and ommited the patch pocket.  I chose not to add the long, adjustable strap and just have two shorter straps, but didn't make them removeable as the pattern calls for.  You can also see that I didn't use fabric for my straps. Image In the next couple of days, I'll share with you over on my Molly Blossom Design blog how I did the straps and the exterior pocket and the interior zip pocket, just in case you like the same things I do.
 If this is your first time seeing a post about the Sew Fab Sale, you can go here to learn more and see what other patterns are included.
And if you haven't entered the giveaway, you need to visit the page I just linked to make sure you are in the running for the awesome prizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment